SEO stands for “search engine optimization” in layman’s terms to improve the visibility of your website on search engines with some practices. When anyone searches on search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, and many more) related to your products and services. The more visibility you get on the search engines the more your website gets the attention of the customers and the more you get the benefits from it.
What are the Types OF SEO?
There are majorly two types of SEO that are used in the industry the rest of all which are discussed as the type of SEO that is derived from these both types of SEO. The two types of SEO are On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO following we will elaborate these both types of SEO:
On-page SEO is the process of optimizing all of the elements in the web pages of your website. So that it can easily get caught by the users as well as search engines. You have to work strategically for all the elements for each of the pages of your website to get better results from it. Here are some on-page SEO factors that you have to keep in mind
- URL optimization
- Title Tag optimization
- Meta tags optimization
- Reducing the size of images and other graphics on webpages
- Fixing broken links
- Create relevant internal links
In layman’s terms marketing your website through different types of techniques over the internet is called Off-Page SEO so that it can be easily crawled by the search engines and can be found by the users also. In off-page SEO we do some practices mentioned as follows
- Creating Backlinks: It’s the most popular and easy process of getting your website’s ranking over the search engines. In it, we get backlinks from other websites to our website to create our website’s trustworthiness on the search engines. In this process, we get backlinks by various methods like creating profiles, social bookmarking, forum guest postings, and many more methods.
- Social media advertising: It’s also an effective way of marketing for those who don’t have the patience of creating backlinks and want to get paid social traffic to establish their website as a brand.
What is Black hat and White hat SEO?
Black Hat SEO: Too much usage of techniques to get quicker results in SERP without any focus on the users. In simple terms, it involves the techniques to target the Search Engine only. But it’s not permanent; the search engine can penalize you for that and even blacklist your website for that.
White Hat SEO: Optimize the website in a good way so that users can get the best experience from your website and find your content useful. Such types of websites perform well in the long term and search engines reward them for that by giving many users to them.
What is a Search Engine?
A search engine is a software designed to find out relevant or useful content or information about any topic to fulfill the requirement of the user. When a user puts a query in the search engine he/she gets various types of web results like webpages, videos, photos, and other data whatever is available.
How SEO Works?
Search engines use their bots to crawl the webpages they collect information about the webpages by visiting site by site and putting your webpages into an indexing process. In the process of indexing, there are various rank metrics set in the form of algorithms so that it can easily find out which result should appear on a search engine when you put a query on the search engine.
How does a search engine work?
Search engines are like digital libraries that store web pages instead of storing books. Search engines used algorithms to fulfill the queries of the users and give the best possible results to the users which can be relevant or valuable for them. These algorithms are so dynamic and updated on a regular basis by some search engines like Google. We only have some hints about the algorithms, no one exactly knows what these algorithms are. We have some clues like search engines provide the results according to the trustworthiness of pages, expertise of that website, cookies, location, and many more factors.
What is indexing?
It’s a process of gathering information about the web pages of the website by the bots or crawlers of the search engine. So that it can appear on (SERP). The search results appear as your webpage on search engines. Firstly it requires that your search engine should know that your website even exists. You can do indexing by following methods:-
- You can do it manually in the Google search console.
- You can submit a sitemap if your website has various web pages.
- If you want to avoid a webpage being crawled by the crawler then, you can set no index robots.txt file for it.
What is the importance of SEO?
Nowadays SEO is very important for businesses and marketers. Following are some reasons why SEO is important:
- Organic Results: SEO is important to get organic listings and organic search results of a specific search query on the Search engine result page (SERP) and it’s free of cost.
- Targeted or relevant traffic: If a person is looking for a specific product, service, or information he/she firstly checks it on the search engine. Which result appears on that query he/she gets from that website if they find it relevant according to their need.
- Quantity: You can get traffic from the search engine result page if you pick high search volume keywords and work after making an SEO strategy. Because people like to click on the top results that appear on the SERP.
What are the important ranking factors of SEO?
Before starting working on your website or writing content for your website to get ranked on search engines. You have to keep in mind some search engine ranking factors that are very important to get your webpage to pop up faster on a particular keyword that you want to get rank. Following are some factors that are most important if you’re serious about your work:
- Create high-quality content: You have to write high-quality content for your audience to build the trust and quality of your website. Make content unique, fresh, and informative.
- Mobile-friendly website: As the number of smartphone users is increasing day by day then you should also have to make your website mobile-phone-friendly.
- Page Experience: You have to make your website user-friendly and attractive so that it can engage users with it.
- Secure Website: It’s also an important ranking factor for your website. You should have SSL certified so that it can prevent data from hackers.
- Page Speed: No matter how big and trustworthy your website is no one waits for it if it eats the user’s time by loading. No one has much time nowadays for you; they have various sources of information. So, you should also have to work on your website page speed by reducing animations or high-size images if you have them.
- Meta title and descriptions: Make your titles and descriptions catchy and attractive so that people click on your website when your website appears on search engines.
- Internal and external links (backlinks): Internal and external links help the users and crawlers to understand your website. It helps you to make the authority and trustworthiness of a website in front of search engines. Don’t get too many external links (backlinks) from low-quality and irrelevant sites. Get the links from only relevant and good-quality websites if you want good results.
SEO is a long-term game. Do your work with honesty and patience you’ll get results surely.
This Post Has 3 Comments
I am able to find good information from your content. 😊
If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging then i propose him/her to visit
this blog, Keep up the pleasant work.
Thank you for the good writeup. It in fqct used too be a leisure
accojnt it. Lookk complicated tto ffar delivered agreeable from you!
However, how could we keep in touch?